Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Shadow Drawing

I decided to use Nightmare for my shadow project since he was such a kind model. For materials I used ink and later went back with a colored pencil and some white pens. I had a fun time working on it and manipulating angles. The size of this piece was tough to transport, but well worth it.







Moved the light and the board that the paper was on ten times to get the unique shadow patterns. 



My favorite photo that captures the line work as well as the creepiness of his eye. Most of my work seems to have a weird mix of cute and creepy. This project really brought out a different side and was fun to work on. The scale of it was much larger than anything I have worked on though. Setting up in my room was a challenge. With a little ( well a lot...I am a messy artist), cleaning I made a space. Visitors love it haha


No comments:

Post a Comment