Sunday, December 15, 2013

Collection








All my works have come together! Taking them out of their unique packaging and little hiding places to come under one place was really neat. I had forgotten about some of the pieces and was happy to see some. The challenges showed me another side of my art and style that I haven't really seen. I knew about my trend to make creatures and characters, but what was interesting is that all my work was relatively small and all handmade. I made an effort to either use supplies I had or found. Nothing I had made over the process of the challenges was ever bought. I have always been a maker, but I never knew to this extent. I have always been willing to create and try new things. It is important to try new materials like air dry clay and fail sometimes when making wax relief fabrics. Art is a process and learning what works for you is important. Seeing everything laid out before me made me realize this. 

From this point I decided to go along with expanding the idea of my shadow drawing. I loved how it came out and was not used to working on something of that scale. So I wanted to remake it with a twist and the help of some of the items I made from the quick challenge journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment