Sunday, December 15, 2013

Hair & Drawing in Space

 Hair ...right?





So I had a lot of hair and needed a trim, but I was too lazy to get out of my house and get it done. Perfect timing for this challenge, right? So I made my own brushes I tried to make different brushed like they would have in the store which was a very difficult and messy process. It was all worth it and I have to say my most successful piece was the long hair brush with the purple and blue marks. I used watercolor on bristol and thought it would be nice to show the brush hanging from the piece it made. Sort of like a brush sampling gallery, but with my hair...kinda creepy? 

Drawing in Space



Didn't know how I would draw in space...So I made some drawing and put them into a "space". So there are some vases I made with creepy faces inside. The idea is to have little monsters trapped in vases. Who wouldn't be screaming and upset if they were in a vase. My other favorite is the flying bird on a wire. Birds draw in space in their own way from flying around happily with one another to making trips across the country. 

I had been getting into making storage devices for my challenges. Thought I would share the little tote I took these two challenges to school with. Its amazing what you can make with some cardboard and tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment