Sunday, December 15, 2013

Wax





Wax is a weird thing to me since I usually only think of candles and not how it can be applied to art ( well besides the lost wax mold technique). Anyways, I wanted to try to make my own fabric with wax. It was a pain at first since I didn't get the wax to be the right temperature and because the tools I have were just a toothpick and a chopstick. The wax would harden by the time I got it onto the fabric. Ended up just dripping it randomly or submerging parts of the fabric into the wax basin I had. I used beet juice to make the neat purple color, but I didn't rinse it because I did not have the right chemicals to make the color permanent. I would defiantly revisit this method with proper tools and materials. Also made a tiny candle!

Note! There is only six in the top photo because I ended using some of the fabric for my final piece!!! There is a photo with all my challenges on a table. It should show them there!

No comments:

Post a Comment